Cover Plate: 4 Ways

Monday, March 5, 2018

Hello, everyone. Natalia is here and today I would like to tell about my love to Cover Plates. In particular to Dotted Patterns: Loops | Creative Dies. On its example I will show 4 ways of its using (of course there are much more ways of using, but for me this 4 ways are most usable).


1st way - frame




This die set contains frame-die, which I like to use separately from cover plate, because this frame is absolutely autonomous and could decorate every work by itself. To create the frame with cover plate I took it from Dotted Patterns Set - 1 | Creative Dies. For this card I toned the workpiece with distress inks of blue shades. Then, using grey cardstock, I cut the frame. Next I stamped Together We Bloom | Clear Stamp Set on vellum with white and golden embossing and cut everything with coordinating dies. On black cardstock using white embossing I stamped sentiment from Blooming Bunch | Clear Stamp Set and cut out on a contour with scissors. Then I put everything together and decorated with Clear Round Drops - Mix



2nd way - negative




First I toned the workpiece with distress inks of mint and pink shades. Then, using white embossing, I stamped Floral Trimmings | Clear Stamp Set. After that I cut circles with Dotted Patterns: Loops | Creative Dies. The smaller size workpiece of white cardstock has been cut with Dotted Patterns Set - 1 | Creative Dies. I glued circles, which have been cut previously, on it. Put it on the base. Stamped words "best" and "ever" from Best Ever | Clear Stamp Set on light-grey cardstock using white embossing. Stamped word "friend" from the same set on black cardstock using white embossing. Finally, put all the details together. Decorated with Clear Round Drops - Mix.


3rd way - shaker




I toned the workpiece with distress inks of different shades. Stamped Hello Alice | Clear Stamp Set on paper for markers and colored it with Copic Scetch and Touch Twin alcohol markers. Stamped pool on vellum using silver embossing and cut it out with coordinating dies




Cut out windows with Dotted Patterns: Loops | Creative Dies. Made the volume frame of foam and poured Clear Rain Drops, Iridescent Clear Crystals | Mix, Sparkling Crystals | Mix, Mint Dream Crystals | Mix, Clear Iridescent - Seed Beads, Crystal Clear | Confetti, 3MM Majestic Sequins there.



Stuck upper frame gethered with transparent plastic. Using washy tape I stuck cut elements on prepared shaker. I stamped sentiment from And The Fox Says | Clear Stamp Set on black cardstock using white embossing.


4th way - partial cutting



I toned the workpiece with distress inks of mint shades. Then I divided Dotted Patterns: Loops | Creative Dies on 2 parts crosswise with adhesive tape. It helped me to cut windows only in lower part of workpiece, the tape marked place where I should stopped cutting with Big Shot. Using foam I made the workpiece volumetric and poured 3MM Majestic Sequins there. Stuck upper part gethered with transparent plastic. Next I stamped bouquet from Stamptember's "Blooming Trio" on vellum using white embossing. Cut out on a contour with scissors. On grey stripe of cardstock I stamped sentiment from And The Fox Says | Clear Stamp Set using silver embossing. Stuck everything together.

Hope my experience and my favorite ways of using this die will be helpful for you.

Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© znatka2007. Design by FCD.